Guidance for Family Caregivers
Helping you find the best senior care plan for you or a loved one.
Navigating the World of Senior Care is Difficult
There are so many options for senior care and you want to feel confident you made the right choice. Without the right guidance, it quickly becomes a daunting task. Coordinating care for another person or yourself can be time-consuming, overwhelming, lonely, and expensive.
Do you relate to any of these situations?
- Mom's health keeps deteriorating, she needs a safe place to live.
- Dad's Alzheimer's is advancing and he isn't safe at home.
- My neighbor fell and broke her hip. She needs my help in finding home health care.
- My cousin owes our grandma a lot of money. She can't afford the care she needs without it.
If you are feeling lost, confused, or overwhelmed by helping a loved one navigate their finances, health, family issues, and more in order to provide the best senior care they can afford then Steps to Senior Care is a fit for you.
"Working with Barb was a breath of fresh air. She took a very scary and emotional situation and broke it down into bite size pieces for us." - Katrina
You're Not Alone, I'm Here to Help
Steps to Senior Care is a strong advocate on your behalf to find the best care at a fair price for you or a loved one.
I help you navigate your many options and advise you on the best choice.
Feel confident when talking with care facilities and in charge of the conversation
My vast knowledge of care options and connections make this process go quicker.
Cut out the sales pitches and confusing jargon- and only discuss the best options for the best price
Barb Barber, Senior Care Consulting
I understand how scary the unknowns of finding a good solution for your parent is. Your life is busy and your family needs you. I recently went through the same challenges and decisions with my parents.
I'm an RN with over 20 years of experience, the majority of that time I worked within the assisted living/nursing home industry. I know the ins and outs of finding the best care, the best options, and the best financial route for getting the best care for you or a loved one.
Services are geared towards helping you find the best senior care solution for you or a loved one - whether that is home care, assisted living care, memory care, etc. A few examples:
- Your loved one had a major life event (injury, wondering from memory loss, safety concern) and you need immediate help assessing their safety at home.
- Families that are overwhelmed by their options for senior care, and need to make a decision quickly but can't make sense of it all.
- Help to determine the right assisted living care facility that's within your budget and needs.
If you or a loved one need an advocate to guide you through your options for senior care, I can help you.
Initial Needs Evaluation
- Every client/non-client begins with a needs evaluation.
- 15 minute call about you or your loved one's current situation, including your concerns and ideas.
- You'll leave the call with a few quick ideas and initial thoughts on how to move forward regardless if we work together.
- I'll propose a few options for my services depending on your needs assessed in the call.
- No pressure or obligation- I love to hear from families that are helping loved ones!
Senior Care Consultation
- This deluxe package is for the family that needs a seasoned, confident guide with excellent communication skills to expertly navigate the senior care world on your behalf.
- Includes an initial face-to-face meeting in person or video, unlimited email and text, and twice monthly meetings.
- Written report of my activities on your behalf, and my suggestions for next steps.
- The benefit of my wide network of connections in the senior living business. I strive to stay connected to the groups and individuals that provide the best care for seniors.
Hourly Consulting Service
- Hourly consulting is a fit for people who need guidance from me, but have time to investigate and implement on their own.
- We meet in person, video, or by phone.
- An advocate who understands what you are facing, and can help you quickly.
- Valuable information about eldercare issues.
- Information about how to pay for assisted living or caregiving, and what it will cost.
Getting Started is Easy
Schedule a Call
We'll discuss your current situation, how I can help, and next steps. Many times, I'm able to solve a big piece of your problem on our first call.
Make a Plan
I get to work finding the best solutions for care that fit you or your loved one's needs. Then we'll talk through your options.
Together, we pick the right choice! You'll be confident in your decision and have peace of mind you knew all your options and picked the best one.
She Prepared Us
"We would have never made it through my Mom’s illness and death, were it not for the wise counsel of Barb Barber!
Her compassion validated what we were going through. She even helped us deal with the challenge of siblings with diametrically opposed viewpoints. She was the lifeline we needed to help us cope all the way around."
- Jeanie Smith